Saturday, September 19, 2026

I Don't Understand Why Everything Needs an App

 

I Don't Understand Why Everything Needs an App

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Stopped to get coffee the other day and the girl asked if I had their app.

No.

I got five dollars and I want coffee.

Why the hell do I need to download something?

Seems like everything needs an app anymore.

Want a discount on something? Download the app.

Want to park somewhere? Download the app.

Want to order a damn sandwich? Download the app.

Pretty soon I'll need to download something to take a piss.

And don't even get me started on passwords.

I got so many passwords now I don't know what the hell half of them go to.

Then you finally remember the password and they tell you it needs a capital letter, a number, a special character and apparently the blood of your firstborn child.

Tucker thinks this shit is funny.

Kid can figure out anything on a phone in about three seconds.

Meanwhile I'm sitting there trying to remember which email address I used to sign up for something I didn't even want in the first place.

And why does every damn place want my email address?

I'm buying a pair of socks.

You don't need to know where I live, when my birthday is and what I had for breakfast.

Just let me buy the socks.

I know somebody's gonna tell me all this stuff is supposed to make life easier.

Maybe it does.

I just don't understand how needing six different apps to do something I used to do with a twenty-dollar bill is easier.

Anyway.

I'm gonna go make some coffee.

At least the coffee pot doesn't ask me to create an account.

Yet.


See More of What I'm up to


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in God. Not Sure He Approves of Everything I Do.

  I Believe in God. Not Sure He Approves of Everything I Do. I believe in God. Figured I'd get that out of the way before somebody asks ...