Saturday, September 19, 2026

I Like People. Just Not All the Damn Time

 

I Like People. Just Not All the Damn Time.

I don't know if it's something that happens when you get older or if I've always been this way.

But I like being left the hell alone sometimes.

Don't get me wrong. I like people.

Most people anyway.

I spend all week dealing with customers, suppliers, other contractors and whoever else happens to need something from me.

By the time I get home, sometimes I don't wanna talk to anybody.

I just wanna sit down.

Maybe have a beer.

Maybe go fishing if there's still enough daylight.

Sometimes I'll sit outside for an hour and not do a damn thing.

And I'm perfectly happy doing it.

Tucker doesn't understand that.

He'll ask me what I'm doing.

Nothing.

"Why?"

Because I want to.

Apparently that's not a good enough answer.

Seems like everybody thinks you gotta be doing something all the time anymore.

Going somewhere. Meeting somebody. Making plans.

Hell, I spend five or six days a week doing things I have to do.

Why can't I spend one doing absolutely nothing?

I don't need to be entertained every five minutes either.

I don't even own a TV.

People think that's weird.

Maybe it is.

I got a phone. I got music. I got a fishing pole. Got plenty of shit around the house that needs fixed if I get bored enough.

Usually I don't.

And before somebody tells me I need to get out and meet people, I meet plenty of people.

That's part of the problem.

I just don't need to be around them every waking minute.

Anyway.

It's Saturday night.

I'm sitting here writing this when I could be out doing something.

Think I'm gonna go sit outside for a while.

And do absolutely nothing.


See More of What I'm up to

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Believe in God. Not Sure He Approves of Everything I Do.

  I Believe in God. Not Sure He Approves of Everything I Do. I believe in God. Figured I'd get that out of the way before somebody asks ...